Quick and easy "cheesecake" peanut butter cups with a gooey centre and an added superfood boost - meet your new favourite snack.
Healthy cheesecake? Yes please! 🍰
Cheesecake is a favourite classic dessert which we can't get enough of, no matter how many varieties and flavours they throw at us.
By making your own "cheesecake" bites at home, you can recreate this delicious sweet treat with natural plant-based ingredients and added superfoods.
With coconut oil, peanut butter, cashews and blueberries - each moreish bite is packed with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, fibre and plant-based protein.
We use wild organic blueberries and our very own Berry Beauty to give these cheesecake bites a vivid purple colour that is hard to resist. The good news is that you won't have to!
Berry Beauty Organic Superfood Blend 🍓
Berry Beauty is our antioxidant blend of organic super berries. Each serving provides the goodness of organic Açai Berry, Acerola, Blueberry, Cranberry, Maqui Berry and Strawberry, with added Chia Seeds and Maca Root.
It is our chosen blend for shiny hair, glowing skin and strong nails - as well as enhanced immune support, with a potent source of antioxidants and your daily dose of Vitamin C in every serving.
You can learn more about the beautifying benefits of Berry Beauty in our blog posts below.
Berry Beauty is also ideal for adding to healthy recipes such as this one, for a boost of essential nutrients as well as an extra serving of colour and flavour. Here's the recipe.
BERRY BEAUTY CHEESECAKE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS
VEGAN, HIGH-PROTEIN & GLUTEN-FREE
- 200g cashews
- 80ml coconut oil
- 30 ml honey
- 1 tablespoon Berry Beauty
- Handful blueberries
- 60ml plant-based milk
Peanut Butter Filling
- 35g peanut butter
- 15ml coconut oil (melted)
- 15ml honey (or maple syrup)
- Start by soaking the cashews in cold water for at least 3 hours
- Prepare the filling by mixing the peanut butter, melted coconut oil and honey (or maple syrup) and pour the mixture into ice cube moulds, then leave to set in the freezer for at least 30 minutes
- Next, for the 'cheesecake' mixture, place the soaked cashews, melted coconut oil, Berry Beauty, honey, blueberries and milk into a high speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy
- Layer a muffin tray with muffin cases and fill each halfway with the cheesecake mixture, then place one or two frozen peanut butter filling cubes into each and top another layer of cheesecake mixture
- Finally, leave to set in the freezer for at least 3 hours, then store in fridge or freezer until ready to enjoy