We've packed as much berry goodness into this smoothie as we could, combining frozen berries with our Berry Beauty blend for a smoothie rich in immune boosting vitamins and antioxidants. Together with gluten-free oats and plant-based milk, this is the ultimate way to satisfy your taste buds and boost your immune system with every sip!
What makes a good immune boosting smoothie? 💪
Antioxidants and vitamins are two of the most important nutrients for the immune system. They help to fight off threats such as viruses and harmful bacteria, as well as boosting immune function at the same time.
Fruit and vegetables are two of the best sources of antioxidants and vitamins, where they are found in abundance. Ginger is also renowned for its impact on the immune system as it has potent antiviral and antibacterial properties. Adding these to your smoothies is a great way to support your immune system from within.
We also add Berry Beauty to this recipe, which harnesses the goodness of 8 superfood ingredients to provide a potent source of antioxidants. As the name suggests, Berry Beauty also helps to support healthy hair, skin and nails 🙌
What are the health benefits of Berry Beauty? 🍓
Berry Beauty is our antioxidant blend of nature's best beautifying foods. It contains 8 real food ingredients which are freeze-dried to retain their powerful nutrients. Each is chosen for its ability help to nurture healthy hair, skin and nails from within 🤩
You can learn more about Berry Beauty and which are the best plant-based foods for skin health in our blog post below:
🍓 5 Plant-Based Foods for Healthy Skin
BERRY BEAUTY IMMUNE BOOSTING SHAKE
- 1 tbsp Berry Beauty
- 100ml plant-based milk
- 25g gluten-free oats
- 75g frozen berries
- 1cm piece fresh ginger
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 tsp agave or maple syrup
- Use the back of a metal spoon to remove the skin from the ginger before finely grating it
- Add the oats to a blender and blitz until powdered, then add the celery and frozen berries and blend
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend once more until smooth - scraping down the sides of the blender to ensure everything is thoroughly combined
- Pour into a glass and garnish with a stick of celery if you're feeling fancy - enjoy with a reusable straw!